SC - Rue - How much is too much?

Alys of Foxdale foxdale at wolfstar.com
Sun May 4 06:17:26 PDT 1997

> Rue shows up in medieval Islamic recipes, including some in the
> _Miscellany_. We have grown it and used it with no ill effects. ("We" in
> these posts means Cariadoc and Elizabeth). It has a rather bitter taste,
> which may explain some of the literary references.
>
> David/Cariadoc

Clearly I need to fill in some holes in my cooking herbal collection,
which has proven to have a glaring lack east and south of Europe.

Since so many people have said they use it with no ill-effect, perhaps
it might be more to the point to determine how much is too much, or at
least what a safe range is.

So how much rue is called for in the average recipe that uses it?
What is the largest concentration you have ever used?  [This "you" is
meant to the list at large, not to point a finger at Duke Cariadoc.]

   Alys of Foxdale          Shire of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
 mka Sallie Montuori               Chantilly, Virginia, USA
foxdale at wolfstar.com