SC - Plaintive whine about sourcing....

Karen Farris farrisk at macom.com
Mon May 12 05:35:45 PDT 1997

     --> snips
Another possibility, though less likely, is that the Lady who posted
made a minor error in trancription. It happens, and would be enough to
send some of the more inquisitive of us on a wild goose chase. This is
far from a negative comment on the kind lady who posted the recipes. I
was really pleased to see it.

- --->

Nobody should whine plaintively alone. It ain't healthy.

Adamantius

You are right Adamantius,  I did make an error in the reference cited in his
bibliography.  Dont know if it will make a difference, but I put 'with' instead
of 'without' Temple Bar.  The recipe was typed correctly but I did omit the
metric units of measure in the redaction portion.

Here it goes again...  without abbreviations or typos

Anon, 'The Boke of Cokery', printed by Richard Pynson without Temple Bar
(London, 1500) [The only known copy of this work is in the collection of the
Marquis of Bath, Longleat House].

Be assured any further postings from me will be complete and precise as this has
surely troubled the list.

Lillian Clare du Chateauroux