SC - A Delayed Intro...

Lasairina at aol.com Lasairina at aol.com
Mon May 12 20:52:03 PDT 1997

I apologize for the delay in introducing myself.  The majority of the times I
am on-line, I have a hungry baby in one arm and can barely manage the mouse
let alone type coherently.  Her name is Kaitlyn Moira, and mine is
Lasairfhiona ni Chon Chonnacht (Christianna Johnson.)  I live in the Barony
of Gyldenholt, Southern Caid and am Cooking Guild Mistress (one of three) for
the Barony.

My first love has always been cooking - I grew up watching Julia and Graham
on the PBS after school instead of cartoons...  On a mundane level I have
catered several large (300+) groups over the years, and find that experience
really helps when doing Society feasts.  My areas of interest deal mostly
with the British Isles over several centuries.  I find lately I am more
interested in the "why's" of what was eaten in period, and the
climate/social/religious influences on those decisions, more so than just
putting period ingredients together into edible dishes.  I am also very
interested in the creation of subtleties, both edible and inedible, and would
love to hear of any that you have made.  I am always on the look-out to add
to my cookbook collection and have long since run out of available shelf
space.  I have the nasty habit of reading each new one like a novel, then
subjecting my loving family to several of the more interesting recipes for
the next week's dinners....

I am very happy to have found this list and all the wonderful information and
help available on it.  I was excited to see postings from Cariadoc, whom I
have heard so much about for a very long time, and am looking forward to
visiting all the web sites I see listed when the baby allows me some free
time.

I'll stop rambling now...:-)

Lasairfhiona