SC - SC-by the way of introduction

Shayne & Trudi Lynch lynchs at macquarie.matra.com.au
Sun May 18 21:54:46 PDT 1997

>Greetings all,
>I have just subscribed to this list, and only recently subscribed to
>SCA-east, where I heard about this one.
>Currently I am a student at the Culinary Institute of America, studying to
>be a chef.  Unfortunately, the history of cooking that they teach doesn't
>extend very far past Escoffier, and for the most part the school isn't a
>very good source on period food.
>I am looking for any information you might have.

>Thank you,
>Michael Farrell

Ha Ha another sucker to join the world of insanity in the hospitality
trade! Your right about historical info at trade school though, it really
is bad if it's anything like when I went through.
You've hit the right spot for getting information on historical cooking.
But be warned, my executive chef teaches at trade school and has been
buging me to go and give his students a lesson on period cooking.
Enjoy life, cooking,in and out of the trade. And remember no matter how
bad it gets there IS an end to shifts from hell.

Aelfthrythe of Saxony
Journeyman to master Charles of the Park

Shayne Lynch   &      Trudi Lynch
[AKA]  Francois Henri Guyon   &   "He's like a giant boulder:
       AElfthrythe of Saxony  I   too thick to think and
lynchs at macquarie.matra.com.au I   too heavy to move" (anon.)