SC - Hello--this is the requested intro by a newcomer.

GARNER at admin.hnc.edu GARNER at admin.hnc.edu
Mon May 19 09:48:11 PDT 1997

My name is Joan and I live in Alameda, California.  I'm so new to SCA that
I have no SCA-ish name yet and no-one in SCA even knows that I can cook!
Ironically, the day I signed onto this list, I went to my part-time cooking
job and resigned.  (If anyone wants to cook for 3 fussy demanding priests
and a BREATHTAKINGLY handsome seminarian, let me know.)

This list is truly amazing.  I logged on this morning expecting the usual
2 or 3 messages begging for deadline extensions (I work in the Graduate
Admissions Office of Holy Names College) and instead I had 19 messages
about butter...gotta love that!!!

I have a (hopefully) simple question: are sugared flowers suitable for
ornamenting late medieval French food?  I'm not a raging purist by any
means, but if they are strictly a Victorian conceit, then even I would
have to draw the line!

Joan Garner
GARNER at ADMIN.HNC.EDU