Re(2): SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #124

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Tue May 20 10:04:00 PDT 1997

> Greetings,
<snip>

> 2. Dextrose is used in modern sausage-making because it tastes less sweet
> than other sugars.  To be period don't use refined sugars.  Use a touch of
> honey or leave it out entirely.

Given that cane sugar is period, what sugar-alternate can we use instead of
using honey?  Could we use brown sugar instead?

While honey is a popular SCA-alternate for sugar in recipes, I am beginning to
doubt how much it really was used in period recipes.  Can anyone shed some
light on this?

<snip>
> Thank you,
>
> Michael Farrell

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com