SC - Sugar, Flour and Bread (Longwinded;)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed May 21 06:44:28 PDT 1997

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt wrote:

> Warning: Longwided Post to follow!

Who better to respond to a long-winded post than myself?

> These "statements of unmaleable fact" make me nervous.

Oh, you too? Perhaps we had better sit in a lotus position, close our
eyes, position our fingers in an appropriately spiritual  and
quantodynamically advantageous pose, and repeat the following mantra:

"Ummmmmm. I wasn't there. I'm not really a time traveller. We are making
deductions based on incomplete and sometimes inaccurate information. We
don't know for sure!"

This is a useful rule to live by, but that doesn't mean it should be
taken as an excuse to fly in the face of simple logic, either. (I'm not
directing this at anyone in particular out there.)

Actually, the main disadvantage of following the above mantra
effectively is that you spend your time walking on logistical eggs, and
can almost never make a simple, unqualified statement, and end up
talking like me! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Adamantius, in need of tea