SC - Manicotti

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu May 1 10:40:26 PDT 1997

At 10:44 AM -0400 4/29/97, Philip W. Troy wrote:
>Uduido at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated 97-04-29 04:48:44 EDT, you write:
>>
>> << Flat pasta is period. There are several recipes that I know of that talk
>>  about how to make flat noodles. I haven't seen anything about round
>>  noodles (spaghetti), hollow noodles (macaroni, manacoti, etc) though. >>

Platina refers to a hollow noodle; I believe he says you use a needle to
hollow it out, but it's late and our copies are downstairs. There are also
period ravioli like things. I'm pretty sure that some of the Islamic pasta
are round, or at least described as threads.

David/Cariadoc

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University