SC - WARNING!!!!

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri May 2 17:06:10 PDT 1997

<< Semi-serious:  *is* there any edible use for potato sprouts?  I don't eat
 potatoes often, but this winter succumbed and bought a sack.  I stored
 them in a cold, dark cupboard.  And forgot them.  Spring has sprung,  >>

DO NOT EAT ANY PART OF THE POTATO PLANT EXCEPT IT"S TUBERS!!!!!!!!
The vegetative part of the potato is DEADLY poisonous! It is a member of the
same family as deadly nightshade and the Jerusalem Cherry both of which are
poison. This also is true for tomatoes , green peppers and Eggplant, the
ddifference being that the fruit may be eaten but all other parts of the
plant contain nasty poisonous alkaloids. The dannger is not that you may get
sick and may die. The danger is that you WILL get sick and the probability of
death would be high.

Sorry for ranting........

Lord Ras