SC - Curry Powder- Off topic

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Thu May 15 05:31:56 PDT 1997

<< A novice might also try to resist the tendency to use the same
combinations of
 spices all the time.  The problem with today's "Curry Powder",  >>

What India type recipes do you use? My cookbooks on India cooking include
scads  o' spice combinations in each recipe, each slightly different than the
other. No where is the abomination called "curry powder" mentioned. Curry
powder is a completely commercial product which bears no ressemblance
what-so-ever to the flavoring combinations in actual recipes from India.

The word "curry" is a cookery term most often associated with  India cooking
and , surprise , Jamaican cooking. It ususally connotates a mixture of
spices, each of which are individually added to the pan and toasted before
the main ingredients and liquid is added. If anyone is in possession of
recipes which call for "curry powder" they are in all probability Anglicized
and have little or no resemblance to the cuisine type to which they may be
ascribed. One of my visions of what hell would be like, if I believed in such
a place, would be they Demon Curry Powder rearing it's ugly and disgusting
head from each dish I went to taste. Yuck!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, haven't had my morning coffee yet, please except my
apology......

Lord Ras al Zib, AoA, OSyc
E-mail- Uduido at aol.com.