SC - Roasted apples!

Jessica Tiffin jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za
Mon May 26 08:48:17 PDT 1997

Greetings, all.

I've just tracked down and devoured a copy of the Goodman of Paris
(wonderful stuff).  He refers to "roasted apples" in many of his
feast menus.  I'm assuming that this is a standard sort of baked
apple - would anyone know precisely how they were cooked in period?
i.e. cored and stuffed with nuts?  raisins?  sugar?  in a syrup?  I
can obviously play around with period ingredients, but I'd really
like to look at a recipe.

yours, hailing with relief the advent of pot-luck feasts in the Shire
(four of us have been doing all the cooking every month, but we
revolted...)

Melesine

*********
We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked.
                            - James Thurber

Jessica Tiffin                     jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za
Department of English, University of Cape Town, South Africa
*********