SC - Mushrooms!

Emily Epstein epsteine at spot.Colorado.EDU
Tue May 6 07:56:38 PDT 1997

On Tue, 6 May 1997, LYN M PARKINSON wrote:
>>One of my fellow Guild Mistress' swears by drying mushrooms of all kinds.
>>She buys them on sales and dries them on big flat baskets on her porch.
> ...  I throw out more mushrooms, because they go bad before I can
> finish them.  Eventually, you run out of freezer space, and I'm not
> thrilled with the texture of thawed sauteed mushrooms.

Actually, if you transfer the mushrooms to a paper bag in your fridge when
you first get them, any that you don't use in time will dry instead of
liquify. Of course, you do have to remember to empty out all those bags of
dried mushrooms from time to time, but it doesn't any extra time or space,
and you don't have to make industial-sized purchases (unless you want to,
of course)

Alix Mont de fer (m.k.a. Emily Epstein)
Shire of Caer Galen, Outlands