SC - Hello & Questions

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu May 8 14:41:48 PDT 1997

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 8-May-97 Re: SC - Hello &
Questions by Philip & Susan Troy at asan
> Generally, I'm inclined to agree. There's a big difference between 1600
> and 1669. However, way back when I referred to Digby as a source (it had
> to do with icing cakes) I mentioned him as secondary to Markham and, I
> believe, Fettiplace, precisely because of the lateness of the date.

I've got a question about Fettiplace (when I got it interlibrary loan, I
skimmed it, but didn't read the whole thing).  I couldn't date any of
her recipes.  Does she give a scheme for this?  I know the intro says
that the recipes are written in different hands starting in 1604, but
don't remember finding (see above for how hard I searched) any
references to which recipes belonged to which period.

toodles, margaret