SC - Fried Whiting

Terry Nutter gfrose at cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu
Fri May 9 17:23:03 PDT 1997

So Adamantius tells me whitings are cousins to hake.  Fine, I've heard of
that.  Go through NBoC.  Nope, no hake recipes anything like this one.
Get stubborn.  Go through and look at *fish* recipes.

Nope.

Three possibilities.  (1) It *is* there, under another title, and I'm
just missing it.  (2) It's there, but it's been modernized out of all
recognition.  (3) It isn't there.

Either of two obvious causes for 3: the collection isn't Noble Boke at
all, but some other culinary collection Pynson printed; or it is Noble
Boke, but it has some (at least one) recipes that the manuscript lacked.
That's not at all unlikely, actually; multiple manuscripts of the same
collection frequently vary slightly in their contents.

Oh well.  Without more pointers, I think this is as far as I can go.

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry