SC - Plaintive whine about sourcing....

Terry Nutter gfrose at cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu
Mon May 12 09:23:34 PDT 1997

Hi, Katerine here.  Lillian Clare du Chateauroux demonstrates dramatically
why I shouldn't whine at night when my brain is out of gear.

>You are right Adamantius,  I did make an error in the reference cited in his
>bibliography.  Dont know if it will make a difference, but I put 'with' instead
>of 'without' Temple Bar.  The recipe was typed correctly but I did omit the
>metric units of measure in the redaction portion.
>
>Here it goes again...  without abbreviations or typos
>
>Anon, 'The Boke of Cokery', printed by Richard Pynson without Temple Bar
>(London, 1500) [The only known copy of this work is in the collection of the
>Marquis of Bath, Longleat House].
>
>Be assured any further postings from me will be complete and precise as this has
>surely troubled the list.

Lady, I wasn't troubled by *your* reference!  It was the vagueness of *his*.
Where is it in that collection?  Is that collection known to be related to
other existing ones?  Is it the collection itself, or the Pynson edition,
that only exists at Longleat?  Etc.  Certainly you can't be expected to
provide information that was never made available in the first place!  And
the with/without is irrelevant from my personal perspective, and in any
case, falls under the "accidents happen" rubric.

I _can_, however, check on the publication date of the Pynson version of
NBoC, and find out whether this at least came out in the same year....

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry