SC - redactions

David Salley salley at niktow.canisius.edu
Wed May 14 05:15:10 PDT 1997

> I've also found it can be useful to get half a doz. sca friends together
> and an informal tasting a week or two before the feast to try out any
> new redactions you may be trying. this not only gives you a number of
> different palates to test the new food with, but if you keep a note book
> it gives you a valuable resorce to use in the future and to offer anyone
> new doing there first feast.

For a while, the Rhydderich Hael had both a highly active Cooks' Guild and
a highly active Bards' Guild and held Dinner Theatre Night once a month.
"We need victi/////volunteers to try our new experiments on!"  Someone would
play host and decree how many people they wanted in their house.  A token
fee of a dollar was set to reserve your place and pay for incidentals like
napkins and the like, and both the Bards and the Cooks got about two dozen
people or so to try their new material on. ;-) ;-)

> Aelfthrythe of Saxony
> Journeyman to Master Charles of the Park
> Shayne Lynch   &      Trudi Lynch
> [AKA]  Francois Henri Guyon   &   "He's like a giant boulder:
>        AElfthrythe of Saxony  I   too thick to think and
> lynchs at macquarie.matra.com.au I   too heavy to move" (anon.)

							-- Dagonell
               ______
              /      |   INTERNET   : salley at cs.canisius.edu
             /       |   USNAILNET  : David P. Salley, 136 Shepard Street,
    ________/        |                Buffalo, New York 14212-2029 U.S.A.
   |*                |   WEB-NET    : http://www-cs.canisius.edu/~salley
  /  Rhydderich Hael |   ICBMNET    : 42 55 32 N / 78 51 10 W / Alt 600
 |______________     |   PERSONA    : Lord Dagonell Collingwood of Emerald Lake
 AEthelmearc,   `_   |                AKA Dagonell the Juggler
    East Kingdom  `__|   DISCLAIMER :"Canisius never agrees with me."