SC - Edible Flowers

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at postoffice.ptd.net
Mon May 19 07:39:55 PDT 1997

Hello all.

Today's thunderstorms are making me stay inside rather than be outside
planting my herb beds. Ras, I found and identified several red thrips
yesterday! I also found a bright green beetle, and they were all in the same
bed as an orange  salamander, so I guess they weren't long for this world!
Anyway, as I was planting, I realized that I have very little knowledge of
edible flowers. I've been wondering if someone could post a short list.

These are the ones I know of, and I realize that they must be completely
organicaly (?) grown to be truely edible:

Rose
Pink
Marigold
Nasturtium
Dandelion
Violet
strawberry
The flowers of edible herbs

What else can I add to the list?

Aoife, dying for an excuse to buy more plants