Re(2): SC - Roasted Butter

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Wed May 21 10:59:54 PDT 1997

>   I haven't done a redaction yet, because people start muttering phrases
like
>   needing artery drain-o, short lifespans, etc.
>
> Foolish mortals. (:-) (I got a giant bypass scar at age 32) (:-)

Then you get me who diesn't need to worry (at least not yet).

>   To roast a pound of butter well
>   (The English Housewife; Gervase Markham, edited by Michael Best 1986)
>
> Hmmm.  If done right, you would get a wonderful custardish dish, studded
> with currants and sweet crunchies.  I gotta try this.  I wonder what the
> minimal amount of butter is that would work for this dish...  and what would
> make a good "pit" and how hot an oven would be a soft fire...

I would think a soft fire would be little more than embers with some flame --
otherwise you are going to be having some problems with the flames flashing up
and scorching your roast.

>   I think I just might do this sometime and serve it to people and not let
them
>   know what they are having until after they have ingested the "cholesterol
>   poison."
>
> Oh, I wouldn't do that... but I bet the results are a dessert worth dieing
> for.  (:-)

I hope so.  I would like to do it this weekend.

> 	Tibor (eating less than 10 grams of fat a day...)

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com