SC - Chicken, Pineapple, Chocolate and OOh-OOh Birds!

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri May 23 22:40:23 PDT 1997

>However, here's where we get into trouble:  Remeber the CA that had the
>stories about Wilihilda, the Kitchen Wench? The Author is a wonderful story
>teller. She redacted recipes, and created stories about their origins
>central to the character Wilihilda.

Actually, she didn't. So far as I can remember, none of the recipes were
period recipes that she had redacted, and most of them were not period
recipes at all.

It sounded from talking with the author as though she had made it clear to
the CA editor that these were mostly periodoid recipes and that she was
therefor reluctant to publish them, that the CA editor had told her she
would get some people who knew something about period cooking to "document"
the recipes (or perhaps replace them with suitable period recipes?), and
that the CA editor then published the CA in a form which clearly and
falsely implied that these were period recipes.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/