SC - Margali's Distaste for Raspberries

Sat Nov 1 10:14:32 PST 1997

Looking at the word cuskynole, I realized that the syllabic breaks could
be cus-ky-nole or cus-kyn-ole.  Since I had to visit the State Library
yesterday, I spent a few quality minutes with the Oxford English
Dictionary.

There were no entries under cusky, cuski, cuskynole or cuskinole, but I
did get a hit with cuskin (with the derivative spellings of cuskyn,
curskyn, and cruskyn).  The definition is any kind of pot to drink in; a
cup.  There is a reference to the word appearing in writing in 1527.

If cuskynole is derived from cuskyn, then cuskynole may mean small cup
and part of the instructions for their assembly would be inherent in the
name.  The dot on the fold diagram would represent the bottoms of the
cups and the unmarked pieces would be those used to seal the cups.

Bear