SC - Kuskenoles

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Mon Nov 3 16:07:32 PST 1997

At 16:43 11-9-97 +0000, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>A little while back, Alasdair mac Iain said:
>
>>That's an easy one - Pies of Paris.  Followed by Baron Salaalallah's Mustard
>>Soup, and Savoury Toasted Cheese.
>
>We have discussed Savoury Toasted Cheese before, but I agree, it is one of my
>
>favorites. But what are Pies of Paris? And what is this Mustard Soup? It
>sounds
>like it might be interesting. Does it use mustard seed or mustard greens? Is
>it possible you could get the good Baron's permission to post his recipe
>here?
>
>Thanks.
>  Stefan li Rous
>  markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Oops - my apologies for the terribly long delay in answering this question.
My only defence is that I just read it a couple minutes ago.... 8)

I believe the recipe we use for Paris Pies comes from the first edition of
*Pleyn Delite*, my copy of which seems to have run off and hidden somewhere.

As for the mustard soup, we just finished that one (with the help of the
Eastrealm list).

Slainte -

Alasdair mac Iain

James and/or Nancy Gilly