SC - Re- Candied Ginger

Tyrca@aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 16:31:18 PST 1997

<< Also, is sour cream period, or is that a
 different breed of cat from period stuff, too? >>

If you leave unhomogonized, raw milk on the counter over night the cream
rises. The milk and cream also sour. Thus you have sour cream.

BTW, soured milk is the "traditional way of making butter. It yields the best
buttermilk in the world and the butter itself is, IMO, 100 steps ahead of the
"sweet" butter available in most supermarkets today with regard to flavor.

The only commercially available butter in PA is "sweet" cream butter but
whenever I go to West Virginia, I stock up on the real butter available
everywhere down there. :-)

Ras