SC - Thousand Year Old Eggs

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Nov 5 05:58:32 PST 1997

>>Humor?  You call this humor?  You're like Scott Adam's Dilbert, reality
>>wrapped as a cartoon.:-)  You're just trying to sucker Adamantius into
>>"an experience."
>>

>I took my third consecutive term and then retired, thanks very much. I am
>now certifiably insane. I also took a 9-county shire (which happens to be
>larger than Rhode Island, one of the largest land-mass shires in the known
>world) to the Brink of Barony, and was instrumental in increasing the
>membership from 12 to 75, and with an increase in the funds up in the two
>thousand percentile range (not hard when you start with almost nothing).
>Mind you, we had an excellent team of officers who were real go-getters. I
>gave them a goal and they came back with double or triple what I asked. A
>gal can't ask for more than that! We elect our Founding Baron and Baroness
>in two weeks. The poor dears will be served Cuskenoles at investiture in
>January. It's my plan that we stuff them so full of good food we'll have to
>roll them out for Baronial court, and then roll 'em back in again when court
>starts dragging on past the Dinner Hour! It's a plan. It COULD work........
>
>Toodles!
>
>Aoife

Been there, done that, and the group couldn't afford the t-shirts.
They've even changed the rules around here so about all you can get is 2
one year back to back terms as Seneschal (probably a good idea).

Remember to whisper in your new Baron and Baroness's ears as you ply
them with goodies that it is the duty of the Baronage to be kind,
benificent and regal and let the Seneschal do the Seneschal's task...and
suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune for the doing.  That
way they shouldn't object too much to your rolling them in and out.  It
will also give you the opportunity to train a Pavlovian reaction to the
dinner bell.

Felicitations and condolences on the approaching Baronial Investiture.

Bear