SC - WASSAIL--Is There Docu

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Wed Nov 5 14:40:52 PST 1997

<<    >>
 >      Actually, the ones I've had (comfits) were made with fennel seeds,
not
 > anise, which are a bit larger, and would I think, be a triffle easier to
 > handle. I keep meaning to make some........... Be a great tidbit to end a
 > feast with if you could take the time to make enough.

 OK!

 Recipe, please?  <Bambi eyes>  I have a huge feast coming up in March but I
have until March...  I think I could manage enough confits between now and
then.

 	- kat

      Hummmmmm, there should be some recipes in late period books, but I was
basicly thinking of cooking them in a bit of syrup until it was at
hard-crack, draining them and coating them with sugar. Or, more simply,
wetting the seeds with beaten egg white and rolling in sugar. The real
problem is figuring out how to get all the seeds separate afterwards. You
would have to do it before they completely dried or they'd never come apart.
And there's the difficulty in keeping the coating on them while separtating
     Any ideas out there? What do the period recipes suggest?

Ldy Diana