SC - Seneschal's 12 steps--Humor

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 16:14:20 PST 1997

- ---"Michael F. Gunter" <mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com> wrote:
> Howdy ever'buddy!
> I am wanting to include some game meats (especially
> venison) in my 12th Night feast but I'm not sure how
> to go about getting it. I had a source in that
> a gentle in the Kingdom has a hunting family in Idaho.
> They would take the kill to a State Approved butcher
> and ship the meat packed in dry ice to me for about
> $2 a pound plus shipping.
>
> Unfortunately I have run into some flack for this idea.
> I have been told that unless the butcher is a licensed
> seller of game meat that we can't buy it. Now our Shire
> has served lamb, goat, and venison but that was all
> donated so we could use it.
> Now I get this hassle.
>
> Can anybody help straighten out the best way I can
> purchase game that is not too expensive?  I don't
> think there should be any problem but I would like to have
> facts to back up my arguments.

Gunthar, I apologize that I don't know enought to say for certain
about the interstate shipping of game meat to answer the question.

Dang intrusive lawyers...

For reference purposes, and so other folk will know what we in
central Ansteorra face otherwise, frozen ground ranch-raised venison
is available in the local supermarket for roughly 7USD per pound
last I checked, "whole" frozen rabbit around 5.50USD per pound,
ground rabbit sometimes around 5USD and sometimes higher-priced than
whole coneys.

I haven't checked with the Halal markets on goat or mutton, and the
majority of the grocery-store mutton was previously-frozen New
Zealand-raised lamb last I checked.

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com