SC - cusky size

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Fri Nov 7 09:06:35 PST 1997

Gentles, you might wish to bear in mind that not everyone has big
hands.  Granted, there were some huge (read normal - try Henry VIII
for comparison) people in period, but these were unusual, from what I
can remember.  You might wish to take into account that, even
ignoring my earlier comment about the houses I have stayed in in East
Anglia and Kent having doorways that I had to duck to get through
(and I'm 5 foot), there are modern people with small hands.  Ever
noticed all those Edwardian kid gloves no-one can fit in?  My hands,
FWIW, are 7 1/2 inches from wrist to tip, 6 from wrist to tip of
little finger.  3 fingers for me makes barely 2 inches, and I know of
others on this list who have fingers that are slimmer (mine have
unusual muscle formation from flute playing).  Hope this helps.

Cairistiona