SC - white pudding/scrapple

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Nov 7 07:23:57 PST 1997

> Where would one >get< duck fat? And how is this spread kept/preserved?
>
> Is it only eaten when prepared fresh?  Must it be kept under
> refridgeration?  Can it be canned? Frozen? Any other details?
> Angelique
> The perpetually curious

Whenever I spit roast duck or goose, i save the drippings, usually i
roast them for a while plain, to get plain fat, then i stard basting and
save the flavored drippings separately. I have some recipes that call
for duck or goose fat, plain as a frying medium.

I suppose you could freeze it, but it never stays around long enough lol

margali