SC - candied cinnamon

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sat Nov 8 02:35:06 PST 1997

I bought several sticks of cinnamon at the grocery tonight with the
idea of trying to sugar them as was mentioned here in the past week.

I was going to use the procedure(s) described for sugaring citrus
peel. But Alys' comments here on comfits make me wonder if that is
the correct (or period) method.

Can someone quote me the period recipe and perhaps a redaction for
doing candied cinnamon? While a referance to a period recipe would
be good, I don't have many of the books often quoted here, yet. Has
anyone tried this?

Thanks.
   Stefan li Rous
   mark_harris at email.sps.mot.com