SC - Potatoes (Sweet, Etc.)-LONG

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 8 10:20:41 PST 1997

<<
 > Unfortunately, the book has almost nothing to say about food in the
 > periods that are of greater interest to us.  I would assume that the
 > Vikings and later, the Normans, introduced some of their foodstuffs
 > to Ireland.

 There should have been seed (etc) analyses made at the digs in Dublin and
 other places.

 /UlfR >>

So, as you are there, and I am not, are there sources for Viking cookery?
 Any cookbooks?

Tyrca

PS, even if they are in Swedish or Old Norse, we have a scholar in our
Barony, Master Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay that can probably at least
rough it out for me.  I would be -very- interested in knowing about cooking
styles and choices of food from the Viking period.

Tyrca Ivarsdottir