SC - Re- Candied Cinnamon

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sun Nov 9 00:25:54 PST 1997

Mark Harris wrote:

> I bought several sticks of cinnamon at the grocery tonight with the
> idea of trying to sugar them as was mentioned here in the past week.

> Can someone quote me the period recipe and perhaps a redaction for
> doing candied cinnamon? While a referance to a period recipe would
> be good, I don't have many of the books often quoted here, yet. Has
> anyone tried this?

Adamantius replies:
Not me...again, the comparative unpleasantness of crunching down on a
stick of cinnamon, at least compared to some of the other things that
have been confited in period, leads me to suspect some other process
would be preferred.

This was my initial thought too. But maybe the crunchiness is tempered
by candying the cinnamon. However, this is why I asked if they were
really sugaring the cinnamon sticks or the powder. Alys then answered: