SC - new to the list

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Nov 13 10:17:44 PST 1997

<<
 Hi,
 after subscribing (and immediatly quitting, and resubscribing to the
 digest) the first thing I got was a introduction from somebody who
 entered just before me, after reading the message I decide to read the
 introduction. So here's me,
 My name is Floris van Montfort, I live in the shire of Polderslot (in the
 mundane country of the Netherlands)in the kingdom of Drachenwald. I
 joined the sca about 11 years ago, and have been active since. I have
 many interests, but I know most about cooking and brewing (including
 the production and consumption of all alcoholic beverages). I have a
 particulair interest in Dutch cooking, and Roman cooking.

 Floris

     Glad to have you onboard--the more the merrier! To dive right in--would
you happen to have any good period Dutch cookbooks to recomend? In English
would be wonderful, but we actually have a girl in our shire whose mother is
Dutch (Just came back from a visit over your way, in fact, and with
recipes!), so translating might be possible. But the young lady mentioned
wants to do the feast at our spring collegium from those recipes, and since
she has little feast cooking experience will need a lot of help from our more
experienced cooks. So......the more info available the better! ;-) Any
suggestions?

Ldy Diana