SC - Newcomer introduction

Steve & Kerri Geppert emster at alaska.net
Thu Nov 13 17:25:59 PST 1997

James and/or Nancy Gilly wrote:

> >Brotchan Foltchep, a.k.a. Brotchan Roy
> >
> >Serves 6

<blah blah blah>

> So at what point do you add the whiskey?  Along with the cream?  Directly
> into the serving dish?  At the table?

Just a few minutes before serving. You want it to have a fresh flavor,
but don't want enormous clouds of volatile alcohol fumes. At least, I
don't think you do... .

Last year, I served haggis at an event, and came out of the kitchen, and
spoke to the folks in the hall, describing how the haggis is now
traditionally escorted into the dining hall by pipers (a kazoo band),
flaming (a couple of lit sparklers inserted at strategic points) with a
fine malt whisky (Laphroaig, this time, of which I poured myself a
single shot, raised my glass in salute to the crowd, and went back into
the kitchen, clutching the bottle).

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com