SC - period feast menus

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Fri Nov 14 11:04:33 PST 1997

Hiegh Ho, Folks!

I just recalled a feast I was served maybe 10 years ago, where the
feast-'crat served a palate cleansers between removes. I'm wondering if this
was a period practice--I don't recall ever coming across something like this
before. Any comments?

In this cas it was tangerine halves, scooped out and the pulp mixed with
unseweetened whipped cream, and re-filled, garnished with zest. It was
delightful. I'm fairly  sure it was not "period" though.

Thoughts?

Aoife
To reply, you must first remove the "nonsense." from the return address.