SC - Jameson's heresy :)

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 14:55:47 PST 1997

<< Ah, but apparently doesn't acknowledge the fact that comparison between
 different styles is a no-no. Comparing a pure, single-malt, pot-stilled
 whisky like Laphroaig (admittedly my favorite) with Jameson's or
 Bushmills ia akin to comparing Guinness with Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout: >>

Alas, most noble Master, I must disagree with you here in a somewhat
presumptive manner. You may want to drop me as a client for this one. :-0)

BUT I must point out that those who compare Irish whisky to Scotch whicky
really don't have half a clue.Such an effort, IIMHO, would be akin to
comparing Oranges with bananas. One cannot say that this orange is better
than a banana. Likewise it is ludicrous to say any Irish whisky is better
than a Scotch whisky for the simple reason that they are two different
products with very different manufacturing processes.

Now one can compare a Scotch to a Scotch, a Cabernet to a Cabernet, etc. but
to cross compare is futile and absurd and smacks not a little of boorishness.

<cringe>

In all humility,

al-Sayyid Ras (by the way when do I sign the papers? <whistle, whistle,
innocently shuffling feet about, staring at ground>