Ronco Turnip Twaddler (was Re: SC - food mills)

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sun Nov 16 09:11:12 PST 1997

No wonder we have armored turnips! Will we next have armored in-laws? After
all, perhaps some of them have the brains of a turnip. I discussed the
matter of armor with my cats, and they said, to a kitten, that all in all,
they'd rather have a warm lap and a chin scratch.

 phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: It's the RONCO TURNIP-TWADDLER!!
:
: It slices it dices it cuts and it splices
: AND LOOK WHAT IT DOES TO YOUR CAT!!
: <RRROOOOOWWWWRRRR>
:
: Only 15.99 and if you order now it comes with this special attachment it
: can even rid you of annoying In-Laws
: While providing you with a delicate yet filling stew meat!!
:
: <GRIN>
:
:
: ----------
: > Nick Sasso wrote:
: >
: > > Ronco used to market them on television under the proprietary "Mouli",
: > > I belive.
: >
: > Hmm. Ronco, makers of the infamous Veg-o-matic, may conceivably have
: > produced and sold a knockoff of a French food mill, I suppose. They
: > could have sold enough of them, before the copyright and patent lawyers
: > stopped them, to pay for the expenses of the production run, with a bit
: > to spare. Any chance the device you refer to was called something like,
: > "The Moulinex"? That would be a little easier to justify. I can't
: > imagine a fine European kitchen tool being sold on late-night TV for the
: > price usually demanded for quality equipment.
: >
: > I do know, though, that Mouli is an fairly ancient manufacturer of
: > kitchen tools, primarily known for things like cheese graters and food
: > mills. An American company (or so I assume) named Foley used to make a
: > perfectly good domestic model, although the Foley food mills that I've
: > seen tend to be smaller than the huge, industrial Moulis I've
: > encountered in my day.
: >
: > Adamantius
: > ______________________________________