SC - Chocolate Soup--OOP

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 21:15:13 PST 1997

Bravely unlurking to comment:

>>And also brings us back to one of the basic rules of cooking--for 99
>>44/100% of your dishes, don't use wine/beer/liquor that you wouldn't be
>>willing to drink yourself (or if you don't drink, that you wouldn't be
>>willing to serve someone who knows what's what)
>>
>An excellent philosophy to live by!!
>Ivy~

I have never developed a taste for *dry* wines (love liqueurs, muscats,
etc.), including the unavoidable multitudes of Cabernet Savignons, which
taste like varyingly-acceptable versions of vinegar to me. I do cook with
them, of course, finding they become palatable when mixed with good food. I
was at V. Sattui winery in Napa Valley once (it's hard to get to from
Fairbanks, Alaska), and commented to Duchess Juana Isabella Montoya y etc.,
OL, and member of their Harvest Club, upon tasting their 5-year-old
Cabernet Savignon, that it was good enough to cook with. Luckily, she was
not trying to drink any at the time! But if looks could have killed, I
wouldn't be here to tell the story.

Ducking and returning to lurker mode...

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at polarnet.com
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     Back up my hard drive? How do I put
and a decrescent argent.        *          it in reverse?