SC - Beer (from whiskey thread)

Woeller D alaric05 at erols.com
Mon Nov 17 05:16:44 PST 1997

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Gerard Heusden van wrote:

> Also I'm interested in knowing what you, other none dutch reading
> cooks, want to read. Do you want a "direct" translation of the original
> text, or are you satisfied with my (most humble) interperation.... Would
> you like to see the original text with each recipy? etc.

In the best of all worlds all historical cookbooks would contain:

1. The original text.
2. Translation (word for word) into modern English (assuming an
	English translation).
3. An interpretation ("redaction") of the recipie.

If one of these have to be omitted it is #3. The original text is vital,
since it is the only thing that allows us to make certain that we agree
with the editor/translator. No matter how great our respect for the
competence/integrity of this person.

My humble opinion.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
PGP fingerprint = 76 3B 11 28 79 39 87 C0  DC 4C 1F 4C C0 1F 1E 89
Tum pultus sicissentem ur ne lus sem ittibus profugnatreius.