SC - Feast Budgets

Melissa Martines melissa.martines at mail.corpfamily.com
Thu Nov 20 13:05:03 PST 1997

     In Meridies we generally use paid reservations for the event and the
     feast.  In fact, many groups offer a discount if the reservation is
     received before a certain cut-off date.  Prices after that go up, and
     often prices at the door are even higher.

     This helps give the feastcrat an idea of how many people to cook for
     (most feastcrats I know have a formula of x number of reservations
     plus a % of total expected for event)

     This also means that people who don't reserve have no reason to pitch
     a scene if feast is sold out when they arrive.  They know that is the
     risk they take by not reserving.

     In the two groups I have participated in in Meridies, refunds for
     no-shows were only given if requested in writing after the event.
     This is not necessarily a perfect policy (it can cause a lot of
     headaches and grumbling), but that is how the two groups do it.  I
     have seen autocrats refund money on the spot to people called away
     from the event for personal emergencies or job crises.

     Morgan

     Here in central Ansteorra, reservations have been practically unheard
     of
     until recently. When I have tried to bring up the advantages of paid
     reservations, I have been shouted down real quick even for feasts as
     good and as period as Baroness Clarissa's. As it is, since no money is
     required, I think the current reservations are not much better than
     none at all, although they do give you a very rough estimate of the
     number who will be attending.

     What is it like in other regions/kingdoms? Do you do reservations?
     Paid or unpaid? How do you handle cancelations or refunds?

     Stefan li Rous