Re- SC - Feast Budgets

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Thu Nov 20 22:53:41 PST 1997

<<  It's just that out of several almost identical
 recipes for mock sturgeon made from veal odds and ends, all of them call
 for the meat to be cooked in vine and/or vinegar, except this one. That
 makes things a bit suspicious, that's all.

 Adamantius >>

I would be curious to know which recipe is older? The one with honey or the
others? If the honey one is older could it have been possible that the other
authors thought the idea of cooking meat and hony together strange so
substituted that which they thought would be more reasonable?

<sigh> I have 2 pieces of veal in the freezer which I was saving for a
special occasion. Looks like it has arrived. The worse thing is that after
dividing it in half I will only have 4 tries at making a palettable dish of
veal with honey. :-( Will keep you all posted.

Ras