SC - Refrigeration

Charles McCN charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sat Nov 22 19:13:21 PST 1997

Ducks spitroast well. Put it on a stick, nail it in place (Use a steel
nail, not a galvanised one) and roast over the fire. Stuffing is not a
bad idea. (As Phlip said, fruit makes a good stuffing. There is a recipe
for grapers and bread which I believe is period)

To make a sause (I don't recall the original reference, but it was
presented as period), cook the liver, with a bit of wine, saffron, honey,
onion and parsley, and pepper.
Yum.

Also roasted ducks feet are good, but you need a sauce. (Wash them
THOROUGHLY, and roast them in a tray with duck fat.

OOP, fill the duck with onions, and put in a tray with potatoes, carrots,
pumpkin, and serve with salad.

Charles
(Gotta go visit my friend who keeps ducks...