SC - cheddaring

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Nov 26 04:33:03 PST 1997

My lord, I have always dealt with this sort of thing with some fine steel
wool (not Brillo or SOS) and soap and water, dry thoroughly and heat in the
oven til very warm to the touch followed by rubbing with another bit of
plain fine steel wool soaked in oil (trying not to touch said hot cast iron
with a bare hand)...rub oil in thoroughly coating entire piece then heat in
the oven for about 20-30 min and turn oven off and let cool.....wipe off and
store....after this do not wash just wipe it out with a wet cloth.  I rarely
wash my cast iron griddle after it is seasoned...I've had it 10 yrs and it's
been thoroughly washed only twice