SC - SC Feast n the law

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 28 09:45:30 PST 1997

> Are we feeding other people for money?  Or are we doing the cooking, and the
> other people are chipping in to buy stuff and rent the site?
>
> Alasdair mac Iain

Hope this is relevant, since I'm not on top of all the postings.  Some
years ago we did a 'church dinner' for the site in our barony that was
serving as a regular SCA hall.  (we even had our own key!)

It was one of the best 'events' I've ever done and I still treasure the
photos taken there.  We cooked a three course meal.  We had dancing, a
masaque, and musical entertainment.  We had carving and serving lessons
and served dinner with three 'attendants' per table.  We had a lord and
lady and their page sit at high table and 'host' the hall.  Every SCA
person there was there as a servant or entertainer.  Those feasting were
the church members  sitting in their own hall and oohing and aahing about
how it looked like a different place.

The church advertised this in their bulletin and people paid $5 per head
for the dinner.  we were given the entire amount, spent most of it on food
and decoration, but still ended up with $100 for the baronial treasury.

It was great!  And, ya' know, the folks at that church really liked and
trusted us.  didn't think we were weird or 'satanic' or anything.  they
- -knew- what we were doing and thought it was a fun hobby.

elaina