SC - Period veges

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Fri Nov 28 20:01:44 PST 1997

Greetings. Thanks for the replies on my marrow question. I think I
should have defined myself a little better - I'm making "A bake Mete
Ryalle" to feed 200-250 people (AEthelmearc 12th Night), and was
wondering of the availability of marrow in such a large quantity. I
haven't redacted the recipe yet, but I'm assuming up to at least 1/2 cup
of marrow per pie, with one pie feeding 6 people, meaning I'll need
(uhm...) 20 or more cups of marrow. Now, I'm not sure of how much marrow
to expect to extract from shank bones, etc. Is it reasonable to hope
that a local butcher could help me obtain enough?

Thanks again!

Master Huen/Jim Matterer