SC - food mills

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sat Nov 1 22:57:54 PST 1997

I wrote:

> Huh???! Ok, I can see the garlic flavor getting out through the *peel*(?),
> although it would seem to work better loose in the juice. But you are now
> grinding up this peel into the sauce? I must be missing something. Although
> I guess it does add more fiber...

And Adamantius replied:

> The deal is that a food mill, as I said, is more or less a strainer with
> a device for pushing food through it, usually a sort of helical
> propellor. It forces the food through the strainer, ...

OH! I've never heard of a *food mill* before. I was thinking of a food
processor and thinking I might be able to use my blender instead. This
makes a lot more sense after you explain it, since the skin doesn't get
into the final juice.

Thanks for explaining this gadget.

Stefan li Rous