Re- SC - eels? fish cultiva

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Nov 1 21:33:05 PST 1997

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> Actually I was not fooling and I HAVE seen the phenonmenum with my own eys.
> Whether you believe me or not is totally irrelevant. I know what I saw on
> more than one occasion. The use of the word frozen after thawed was a wording
> error and npt  planned. You can choose to remove the reference from your
> files, of course, but it is indeed true.
>
> Ras (slightly offended)

Please don't be offended. No need to be. First of all, the habit of eels
wriggling around for a while after death is well-known, but I have never
heard it attributed to any cause but nervous reflex. Shrinking
connective tissue is something that had never occurred to me, although
if that is, in fact, the source of the motion, then I would really
expect them to simply curve back and forth a bit, rather slowly, which
also happens to the much-maligned fried bologna. If they do actually
wriggle violently, I can only say that I have never noticed it when I
have cooked eels, which, admittedly, hasn't been all that often.

Be that as it may: my suggestion that you were joking was based on your
reference to eels wriggling after being either fully cooked (or was it
frozen solid?). I don't remember which. If that's what you said, then
you ought not to blame people for misunderstanding you. I misunderstood
you, and assumed, since what you actually said was impossible, that you
were joking. The fact that the statement, when slightly altered, would
be the flat truth, never even entered my mind. I'm glad you pointed that
out.

Again, didn't mean to offend. Just didn't understand. Sorry!

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com