SC - venison

Charles McCN charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Nov 3 16:21:09 PST 1997

Aldyth sait was hard to dress without breaking the chest.
I am no hunter - the only fish I have caught are with spears or grabbing
crays out of a creek by hand, so I don't know.

But would it have been the practice to field dress? I am under the
impression that meat is meant to be hung for a while (Anyway, I hang deer
for a week or so before I cook it) and that would enable one to take it
home and have the servants do the job later. At any rate the butcher
seems to manage fine. Not that it really matters anyway...

Charles