SC - Re: Candied Ginger

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 08:58:49 PST 1997

<<
 One source I've read indicates that the larger spices (like cubebs)
 should be soaked in vinegar (or wine), presumably to soften them.
 Anise seeds, Stefan, are usually in the middle of those modern candies
 (comfits) that come at the end of an Indian (India, not American)
 dinner.  Cloves were also chewed upon to "sweeten" the breath.

     Actually, the ones I've had (comfits) were made with fennel seeds, not
anise, which are a bit larger, and would I think, be a triffle easier to
handle. I keep meaning to make some........... Be a great tidbit to end a
feast with if you could take the time to make enough.

 Ldy Diana