SC - Mortrewes

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Wed Nov 5 12:27:25 PST 1997

The Wise and Worthy ;D Adamantius wrote:

>Most heartily agreed! I had thought of scrapple, too, but I have never
>actually made it myself, while I have made haggis, so I thought it would
>be better to speak from experience. But, that's cheating. I'd just as
>soon see what I can do to make it edible, while still coloring within
>the lines (my new cliché about following recipes...like it?)

>I thought trying to stress the resemblance to the filling of a white
>pudding might be the way to do that. Of course, this could well be one
>of those dishes where leftovers are fried up the next day, and vastly
>improved.

Why I originally needed the reference was because I was trying to figure out the Blamanger recipe that says "and serue hit forth in manner of mortrewes."  I think I understand why it says that after making it.  I spent the entire time I ate thinking of what sauce I could serve to make it palatable (mind you, if it doesn't have garlic, onion or pepper in it I think it is tasteless).  While my guinea pigs, er, guests, oohed and ahhed and said they wouldn't change a thing.

Murkial