Roadkills (was: SC - Game meat)

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Thu Nov 6 20:27:57 PST 1997

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Louise Sugar wrote:

> deer are like fleas up here this year...in the past week I have seen no less
> than 30 dead deer on the side of the road......also I have noticed a lot of
> pickups and 4X4s out cruising   guess they look for the fresh kills or hides

But check the local laws first! I read about a man who spent a week in jail
in Oregon for this. Something about poaching-laws, IIRC.

I know -- by hearsay -- of at least one "hides-person" (i.e. buckskinn
tanner) who gets all the hides he can use by placing grabage cans where
the hunteras are, labelling them "HIDES". Personally I get all (the hides)
I can handle by friends (of friends) who hunt.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
Tum pultus sicissentem ur ne lus sem ittibus profugnatreius.