SC - Game meat

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Sat Nov 8 08:39:28 PST 1997

Aldyth wrote:

>Juicy tidbit (sorry) In Colorado if you are unfortunate >enough to hit a deer or elk on the road, you can claim it for >a $5 roadkill license.  After looking at the condition of the >vehicles after they harvest deer in this manner, I would say >it was not the best idea.

This is true unless you hit it on an Interstate, then you can get ticketed for it.  Was riding with a State Patrol Officer during my internship with Thorton Police Department and we saw someone hit a deer he could have avoided with any care at all.  This officer wrote him a ticket and I found out later the guy took it to court and lost having to pay over $125 in fines.

Another gentleman called the police because he hit a deer and wanted it put out of his misery.  The cops came out and wrote him a ticket.

Murkial
(owner of a useless degree in Criminology)